The pain and agony caused by cracking heels cannot be left untreated. Cracked heels are caused by a collection of dead cells, exposure to harsh chemicals such as detergents, excessive dryness, and continuous friction caused by shoes.
When feet lose their hydration are exposed to bacteria and fungus, development of infections becomes easy. Here are a few home remedies to get the soft heels to flaunt in those sandals:-
Avocado and Banana
The essential amino acids and fatty acids trigger cell regeneration, leaving the affected area looking healthier and feeling soft.
- ½ Ripe Avocado
- 1 Ripe Banana
- Natural Oil (Choice)
- Mash the half-ripe avocado and banana together.
- Add oil and blend until a smooth moisturizing mixture is formed.
- Apply the mixture on heels and keep until dry or absorbed by the skin.
- Wash with lukewarm water. Put on the daily moisturizer and wear socks for the day.
Baking Soda and Coconut Oil
Both of them when combined make a fantastic hydrating cream containing antibacterial properties that eradicate bacteria, fungus, and other infectious microorganisms.
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Baking Soda
- Cotton Pads 2-3
- Make a thick paste by mixing the coconut oil and baking soda.
- Apply it to the infected areas with the help of cotton pads.
- Let the residue sit on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Perform 3 times a week for better results.
Rose Water, Lemon, and Glycerine
This is one of the most effective natural remedies, these ingredients mixed together to diminish the dead cells and impurities by hydrating which help repair the damaged skin.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Rose Water
- 2 Tablespoons Glycerine
- Mix all the ingredients together until an even paste is formed.
- Apply it on the affected area, massage in circular motion.
- After the paste is absorbed by the heel put on socks.
- Socks help in keeping the moisturizing intact and prevent dust.
Honey and Oatmeal
Excessive presence of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins it will get rid of excessive dryness and accumulation of dead skin.
- 3 Tablespoons Oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Mix both the ingredients well until a smooth paste is made.
- Apply it on the affected area and gently scrub the portion.
- Cover your feet with socks and let the mixture sit for an hour.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Sugar and Vaseline
These both ingredients are a perfect blend to removes dead cells on the surface and stimulate regeneration of cells. Scrubbing removes the coarse skin breakages which develop on the feet.
- 1 Tablespoon Vaseline
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Create a paste by mixing both ingredients and rub on the feet.
- Rinse with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Perform this every other night for fast results.